Monday, May 23, 2011

Sometimes White Lies Work. And When First Love Never Dies.


Got the bad news this late morning from my friend, Maeden, comforting me because we are not classmates this incoming June. So yes, I felt unlucky at first knowing that 5 slots were eliminated from the original list of potential students and I'm one of the eliminated 5. How unlucky, really.

Maybe because Medicine is not really for me. I'm meant for something else.

I did not cry but the fact that the school where I felt home for four years will not be my comfort zone anymore, at first, I felt unfair. I graduated from Psychology and when it comes to interview, I mustered all the tips on how to answer correctly and even how to include white lies in your answers. They said, Psychology graduates were their priority but what happened was.. I don't even know what went wrong. I said to myself, I was not nervous during the interview.

To ease my sadness, I talked to my younger sister Celine who's currently taking up BSBA in Human Resources Devt and Mgt. I asked how interview processes really went as if the interview I underwent was an industrial setting. She said, sometimes telling all truths to your answers leads you to unwanted circumstances. White lies work even better.

"What's your plan if you did not pass here?"
"Well, I'm going to take up my masters in another school."

So my sister found out what went wrong to my answers in the interview. She suggested answers. I must've answered like this or that. I went like whatever. I told her, I just want to tell them the truth. I must not disagree, she knows better.

She said, "First love never dies, ate." She made me remember how I dreamt working with children, that she saw enthusiasm in me when I tell her stories about special children I encounter. How I loved drawing because I want my future students to see them. Then, that's it! God really find ways to lead you to things that are best for you because you are meant for them! :)

She added, "balikan mo na daw yung SPED mo." Then I answered,"Oo nga eh. Sorry naman. Oo na, babalikan ko na si First Love. Napatingin lang ako sa iba eh. Nalingap lang."

So, Plan B, let's work this out! :)

2 comments:

Dave said...

hug! take time to see your options paopet! :)

Paola Jane ♥ said...

Yes, I did it na! I guess. Balik sa first love! :) That's it! :D