Monday, June 6, 2011

An Hour of Sleep (No, It's Not a Poem)


If scars still run deep
How much would it cost us to take away the pain?
How will we know we're ready for this?
Have we chased after the right time
Or it did not really come for us at all?

But I can't stay any longer
To this time of ours
Though it may send us the comfort of
Shooting feelings in real time
I believe we had done our best
Fought everything
And it's the best time to give up


Little by little
We will learn
That we surrender
Even to those things that mattered to us

If they don't like us
I have to understand
And have understood it long before

If they don't like us
It may take time to open their minds
Or not realize it at all
But I won't be waiting for that long

I'm on a hurry to get well
And I know, and so do you
And we both know why
There are tears when we smile

Don't dwell on the past
It will only make you cry
Just do what they want
At least, you won't miss the flight.

No comments: